Safety and Security
Follow these tips to stay safe on Camfrog!
1. Make your Camfrog logon password have letters and numbers. A good example password might be "hello233232". If you make your password with a single word like "password" someone might easily guess it. To change your password , go under the main "Camfrog" menu in the main application window and choose "Change password". If you lost your password, you can have it resent to you from our "lost password" page.
2. Don't ever give out your credit card information on Camfrog via instant message, chat, or via email. Camfrog will never ask for your credit card information besides on our secure registration pages when you buy Camfrog Pro.
3. Don't show your email address in your user profile. Go to your profile "Settings" and check the box "Hide email address". Also, if you use a hotmail email address as your contact address, be sure you sign in to your hotmail account once a week, otherwise your account will expire and another user can register it. To see your profile, go to http://profiles.camfrog.com/nickname where "nickname" is your Camfrog nickname.
4. If you don't want to receive messages from strangers, change your Camfrog status to "privacy". Go to your contact list then click the black arrow next to where it says "online" and choose "privacy". Now only users who you have added to your contact list can contact you. If a user sends you a rude IM and your status is not in privacy, you can block them by clicking "Block" in the IM window and then give them bad feedback when offered. You can also change your Camfrog status to "Invisible" if you don't want anyone to see you are online. You can then go to "Settings" under the main "Camfrog" menu and add your friends who you want to see that you are online to your "Visible Users" list under the "Private" tab.
5. Never enter your Camfrog nickname or password into any software besides the Camfrog software or the Camfrog.com website. If you enter your password and nickname into a website or software that is not related to Camfrog, then someone may have access to that web page and they might be able to access your Camfrog account. Websites outside Camfrog.com are not necessarily secure.
6. Never buy Camfrog Pro from any website other than Camfrog.com. If you buy from a website other than Camfrog.com, the code you are buying will not work at all. Please contact us if you see Camfrog for sale on a website outside Camfrog.com so we can take appropriate action.
7. If someone in your family is between 13 and 18 years of age, you should always monitor their chat room activity carefully. Please visit http://www.safekids.com/ and http://www.getnetwise.org/ for tips for users between 13 and 18 years old.
8. Don't post your personal information like your real name or home address in your profile. This information will be publicly listed in your Camfrog profile. You can change your profile any time by going to http://profiles.camfrog.com/nickname where "nickname" is your Camfrog nickname.
9. Don't post your Camfrog Pro serial number in your profile or give it out to other users. Some users may do this accidentally but if you post this number publicly other users can use your serial number and you may be signed offline.
10. Don't open files from strangers. A stranger might send youa file and tell you it's a photo or some other thing you should see, but this file could contain a virus or a trojan that could allow any user to access your computer illegally. Never accept files from strangers. If you must accept a file from someone, be sure and scan it with up to date antivirus software. It's also good to occasionally scan your computer with an anti-spyware program like Microsoft Antispyware.
11. Please report to Camfrog those users who violate our Terms of Service by emailing the address on our contact page or clicking their profile and pressing the "Report Abuse" link.
Please have fun on Camfrog and stay safe! Contact us if we can be of any assistance.